Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the thinks you can think if you only try !

- Dr. Seuss

Sunday, July 18, 2010

New life ?

I spent this morning redesigning my blog page. Judging from my last blog entry, anyone reading my blog will notice that I haven't posted for a couple months. Life got in the way. It shouldn't be that way, but I let it happen. Baseball games, softball games, kids, work, clients, pets....just a few of the distractions I was dealing with over the last few months that seemed to get the better of me. I always put my own need to write second behind these and a hundred other things.

Not that I wasn't writing things in my head. Words were forming constantly as if my brain was telling me, "put this down on paper". Everywhere I went this pesky voice was stringing words together into sentences, begging me to write. I ignored that that voice because there was always something else to do or some other item to check off the to-do list. I am really ashamed. Around the beginning of June, my son and I sat down and made a goal list for the summer - tops on my list was to post on my blog three times a week. I didn't even do it once!

So this morning, my son told me I should blog. I was a bit testy and told him "I don't feel like it". But you know what? I really did feel like it, and my little bit of anger was misdirected at him, as he was pointing out what I already knew. I had not followed through with goal #1 that I set for myself. Instead of thinking about the laundry that needed to be folded and the floor that needed to be swept, I needed to blog. He was right and I knew it. I am happier when I am writing. Why does it always take a 12 year old to point out the obvious?

My first step was to play around with my blog a little bit and give myself an updated look for it. I'm breathing new life into it and I wanted a fresh page to work on. I am a cool color person, so the blue is more inspirational to me that the old colors that I had. I also decided that I want the writing to be the focus, so I aimed for a simplified background that lets the writing be the art.

I'm jazzed to start up again. Let the writing begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment